Google analytics

Thursday 31 March 2011

Latest News

70 minutes of running today!!! Woo-hoo!!! Ankle is much much better and I am moving almost 100% freely now. Still a little cautious on rough terrain, but I ran a good mix of on and ooff-road today at a very sedentary 8 min mile pace, and altough it felt like hard work, it;' a very positive step on the road back to full training. So since my last update I rode a 28 mile time trial last Sunday, and finished a solid 3rd, with a course PB. Very pleased, I felt ok, not great, but then again, not rubbish either. A lot of strength in my legs, but noticing 2 things. 1. I have not got enough miles in my legs and 2. my ankle is still not allowing me to pull-through at the top of the pedal stroke. So, when I can get these two things right, then I expect some quick times this year, and a big improvement. Will set me up nicely for a return to triathlon racing next season. I am looking ahead to 2012, and a shot at a really good Ironman finish and then beyond that. Maybe another trip to a 70.3 world champs in Las Vegas, or maybe even Hawaii in 2 years' time. Who knows? I know I am in very good shape at the moment. I continue to do some very good workouts involving boxing and kettlebells and throwing heavy logs around! I am back in the pool twice a week and am getting back some feel for the water. I am leaner and am getting in some regular daily riding on the bike now. All in all if I can just keep some consistency, remain injury free and enjoy what I'm doing then I think the future of racing for Mr. B looks very positive. More news to follow.

No comments:

Powered By Blogger