Google analytics

Friday 27 April 2007

Friday training

About an hour ride into work this morning, nice easy 30km, via Wimborne. Weather good again.
Swam at lunch, 1km and then did some work on stroke with pullbuoy. I feel so slow in the pool at the moment. I think it's while I'm trying to rebuild my technique, changing the way I'm doing things, it's bound to slow me down a little until I get used to how things should feel, and then I'll get quicker. At least, that's the general idea. Will have a gentle 3 mile run tomorrow, easy pace and turn my legs over for an hour on the turbo, just to be fresh for Sunday's triathlon.
Pick up my nice new wheels tomorrow!! I have been to Bikelab to check them out already. One has the tyre on and they were waiting for a delivery of rim tape before they put the other tyre on. An Ultegra 25 cassette is being fitted. I'll take my bike in tomorrow, get them to fit wheels and they'll be ready for racing on Sunday!!! Excellent, cannot wait!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Obviously enjoying cycling in the good weather .I see you are using your new wheels on Sunday - will you need to try them out first?
What is an Ultegra 25 cassette - sounds like music on he move.
Is this for times or just a hard training session for June?
Have a great race!

Steve Birtwistle said...

Yes, ridden my wheels today for 20 minutes, very different feel, extremely comfortable and roll much faster. a cassette is basically the 10 speed rings that are the gears on the bike, fixed on the rear wheel.
Tomorrow is just a fitness guide really. The focus is on the run, because I know my bike is fine for what I want and I need to really focus on the two weaker disciplines. So I'll save a bit on the bike for more on the run. But generally this is a training session as the main focus for the year is Half Ironman in June. But obviously I'll keep an eye on times just to help gauge my progress.
Thanks for your support. Will post results and race report tomorrow!

Powered By Blogger