Google analytics

Friday 6 April 2007

Happy Easter!

Well, my Easter weekend got off to a fine start. This is a good time to get in lots of training, in amongst all the household chores that need doing, not to mention the garden needing a spring tidy up.
2500m swim in the pool, after a 10 minute warm up. Just wanted to do a long swim to make sure I can go the distance. Time not really much of an issue. I still had energy to really push on the last 10 lengths, so I know I can go a lot harder when I do the 1900m for Half Ironman. 53 minutes it took me, 100 lengths of 25m pool. Started to tire a little at around 80 lengths but got it back for the last 10. Good recovery, and a great upper body workout. Some gym sessions needed to really build up my upper body strength.

Will go for a run later in the day, easy run for an hour. Again, it's about going the distance now, and making sure I have the aerobic capacity and endurance strength to go the distance. Long bike tomorrow. Long bike and run on Sunday. Sea swim on Monday and bike. Rest day Tuesday.
So my Easter weekend should be a productive one. 2 weeks to next race, which I am not really focussing on, I'll just use as a high intensity training session.
Happy Easter to all my readers!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mmmm...... chocolate......

Anonymous said...

Dont put all your Easter eggs in one basket ! That sounds like a punishing schedule - dont forget the recovery time- and enjoy your chocolate!

Powered By Blogger