Google analytics

Thursday 25 January 2007

Back in the Pool

Felt good to get back in for some pool time, spoilt a little by a lot of stop - start with people blocking up the end of the lane, gathering for a chat. 45 minutes for 60 lengths, so was a bit slower than usual, but as I have not swam for a week, then I was very pleased with it. Going the distance will not be a problem, and I was very comfortable, albeit I was going at a slower pace. That said, my stroke is improving, balance in the water is better and rotation better, really need to build up strength and of course improve on technique.
When it warms a bit I will get back in the sea for some open water swim practice.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Not quite back on track by the sounds of things but heading that way - I suppose it's hard when things throw you off course but the mental strength is also a great bonus. Hope the weather improves and you enjoy you bike rides later in the week.

Steve Birtwistle said...

Yes, slowly getting back on track. The weather is definitely not helping as muscles tend to be a little stiff and even though I do stretch regular and do some yoga moves my flexibility isn't where it should be.
But musn't complain, I'm not a pro!!
Yes, looking forward to getting out on the bike this weekend. Going to look at doing a different route, and will do a long slow ride if the sun is out, 3-4 hours at a nice easy pace.

Powered By Blogger