Google analytics

Wednesday 24 January 2007

Hamster time!!

Gym session tonight, as well as riding to and from work, boy oh boy, it was very cold!

10 minutes warm up on treadmill. 15 minutes on the rower.
Then an hour on the treadmill. After 25 minutes I wanted to stop, but kept going and got to end of workout. Felt great once I did it. Good cool down and stretch. h/r steady 160 bpm for most of the time, rising to 173 bpm towards then end and when I uppped the speed a little. There was no air con at the gym and it was very hot, so I expected a higher h/r than normal.
This is the good part of training, that feeling in a race where you just want to stop but you have to keep going. Focussing on what makes you do that in training is very worthwhile. In my training I am learning a lot about myself, mentally and physically, as well as developing my skills and endurance.
Covered just over 12 km in that hour, nice steady pace.
Just water tonight, no gels or energy drinks, and feel good!
No bike tomorrow, resting my legs but will do a session on the turbo in the evening.

No comments:

Powered By Blogger