Google analytics

Thursday 1 March 2007

Back on my bike!

I picked up my bike today from Bikelab and brought it home. As I was resting this afternoon I couldn't help going out to look at it, and thought, I better take it out and see if it all works ok. It felt great! And what's more my legs felt great. Was only on it for 30 minutes and did not go very far, but felt good all the same. With nice new Campagnolo base layer and Northwave top to replace those that were cut off me after the accident.
Tonight I was back on the turbo trainer and did a great workout, feel very good. My philosophy is 'well, if Lance Armstrong can get back on a bike after 2 weeks, having suffered a broken neck, then no jaw/cheekbone fracture is gonna stop me getting back to it. Felt really good to do an hour and 20 mins, with a few strong time trial intervals of 4 minutes hard efforts thrown in for good measure. This turbo training has definitely improved my pedal technique and continues to improve.
Stats:
1 hour 18 minutes
Ave h/r 143 bpm
max h/r 180 bpm
kcal 1152
ave cadence 72
max cadence 105

Was working in bigger gears tonight, lower cadence. Strengthening work needed to help me build up speed.
I 750 ml SIS electrolyte. Good stuff.
More gentle bike tomorrow.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great to read today - you sound as though your are raring to go!

Anonymous said...

Looks like there is more than one anon wishing you well and looking forward to reading your blog when you return to full training. We'll be watching.

Powered By Blogger