Google analytics

Friday 23 March 2007

lunchtime swim

Was in the pool for a long time today, but man, the temperature was far too warm, not at all comfortable for swimming. That said, I did a very gentle swim for 50 minutes, concentrating on technique, balance and rotation and driving myself through the water in the smallest space possible. Coming together nicely, and the more time I'm in the water, the better I feel.
'Swim Coach'( you know who you are!) came along and did 1km, I was keeping up great for first 150m, and then a slower swimmer got in my way, wouldn't move and I had to stop, completely lost my stroke and got left behind. Well, I put my foot down and caught up within 100m, but the energy expended then left me with little to keep up and I drifted back for the rest of the swim. That said, I know I can really push harder when swimming, and from next week onwards I shall work at building my swimming strength.
Really feel in good nick for Sunday, can't wait for race day. Getting myself prepared tomorrow and will do a gentle bike and run. Start time is 9am. Will aim to get there for 8 at latest. Will take turbo trainer to warm up for half hour, then get bike into transition, get myself sorted. Race briefing 15 minutes before start. 10 minutes gentle jog to keep muscles warm and stay flexible.
It is an off-road 10km run and 5km run, either side of an on-road bike. Should be interesting, as I haven't got off-road shoes, but I think it's more of a trail rather than over anything particularly harsh underfoot.
Will post results, photos and post-race breakdown later on Sunday. Fingers-crossed I get there without any hiccups!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good Luck for Sunday - you dont need it- you 've done the work. Hope the off road is ok - not easy running on paths. I am looking forward to reading how you got on!

Anonymous said...

Good Luck for Sunday - you dont need it- you 've done the work. Hope the off road is ok - not easy running on paths. I am looking forward to reading how you got on!

Powered By Blogger