Google analytics

Saturday 2 June 2007

Saturday morning Bike

Took off this morning for a nice easy spin, and what a lovely day. Sun was shining but still a cool breeze, and very strong in places. Out for an hour and a half for 51km(31.6 miles) at 31.4 kph(19.5 mph). Nice easy ride, and pushed it for last 12 miles. 2 x 750ml electrolyte energy drink. Had 1 litre SIS recovery when back. Was wamr out and I was perspiring a lot, even at lower efforts of riding, so I'm preparing myself for taking on board a lot of liquid on 17th June.
Have mad a decision to use the Plasma. Quicker bike and smoother ride. Just was a tough decision, as the course is a hilly one and I would prefer to ride with drops as opposed to tri bars, just for access to gear changing. But on the whole the Plasma is a much nice ride and for a 3 hour bike I personally feel that comfort is the main thing. I'm a reasonably strong climber and recover quickly so not a major problem. Just would prefer to ride Plasma with drops. But I shall take it out tomorrow over a hilly route before I do the Poole 10k and see how it feels.

No comments:

Powered By Blogger