Google analytics

Saturday 9 June 2007

Saturday training ride

Feeling in great shape. Lovely warm weather this morning, not too bright, and a slight breeze to keep things cool. Set off for 90 minutes or thereabouts of a training ride, mostly at even pace with 40 minutes race pace effort thrown in. Legs are in good shape, and are definitely improving. But again, it takes me a good 50 minutes of cycling before I am properly warmed up and can feel them working efficiently. Must take turbo trainer with me to Half Ironman UK, to get legs moving. Unfortunately it will mean taking 2 bikes, so not sure if I want to do that. I'll have a think about it. The only other option is just to rely on the swim leg to get me warmed up for the bike, using my legs a lot more for the last 400m, which will help to get them moving.
Here's today's stats:
Time - 1 hour 21 minutes and 22 seconds.
Distance 42.6 km
Ave speed - 31.4 kph, max 52.7 kph
Ave h/r 148 bpm, max h/r 169 bpm
Ave cadence 81 rpm
1917 cal used.
Done over an undulating course, down to Swanage via Studland and back on the A352 through Corfe Castle. Would have been quicker on the way back but for heavy traffic caused by roadworks. But very pleasing ride nonetheless.
Certainly feel I'm getting back to my old self on the bike, and my speed is improving, pedal action good, and very strong. I will be working on my cycling over the winter months this year with a view to time trialling next season, and doing some longer rides and cyclo-sportives and a bit of road racing.
Have loads of confidence about next Sunday's bike leg, and about the whole race in general. I know it's a mental thing with me, if I am feeling good and strong on the bike I will feel good about the whole race and will do well on the run. I am preparing well, and tapering nicely. Feeling stronger as each day goes by and to be honest I'm not even tempted to go out and do extra, just enjoying the feelgood factor of building up to the race!!!

8 Days to go!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Looking good- sounding very positive.

Powered By Blogger