Google analytics

Wednesday 11 July 2007

Training in the first half of the week

Had a good two days of rest after Sunday's race, followed by a gentle swim on Tuesday evening, working at my balance. I have now worked out exactly what I am doing wrong with my stroke. I sink when I rotate to the left. And that creates drag which in turn slows down any propulsion I had from leading with my right arm. I then can't bring my left arm over with enough body rotation to propel me forward because I am too low in the water. My technique needs looking at, and I seriously need some coaching to work out how I can improve, now I know what's going wrong.
That said I had a good 45 minutes in the pool working on some drills and trying to get my balance better in the water. This is going to take some time to do, and I will focus on this over the winter months.
Today I did 8.2 miles in 1 hour 2 mins and 11 secs. Good run, although I set off a bit quick. My first 5km time was under 20 minutes. Too fast and I paid for it a bit later, as it was very warm as well as there being a headwind, which although cooling me down, it was hard work running into.
To be honest I didn't enjoy the run, but I'm pleased to at least run at 7.5 min mile pace over 8 miles. Gives me something to build on. Definitely need more brick sessions and will start doing 2 a week. In fact when I do my longer rides, I'm going to run straight off the bike. And make that a must do exercise. I'm finding that I'm not getting anywhere near the run pace I can do in a race at the moment. Brick sessions are the way to go.

No comments:

Powered By Blogger