Google analytics

Tuesday 15 May 2007

Back to it

Was in the pool yesterday for a leisurely recovery swim, got me feeling much better, any aches and pains from Sunday's exertions faded away!
Back in the pool again today for 30 minutes of swimming. I am stroking so much better now and have better body position in the water, and my kick has improved, keeping me better balanced and body is straighter. Will do two long swims later this week.
Back on the turbo this evening, as weather and light not good. 1 hour 20 minutes of sustained effort, adding a couple of time trial effort intervals into the mix. Good structured session, and felt good to do a proper bike workout. I'm not able to ride to work mon, tue and wed, and I feel my bike endurance has just dipped a little, but hopefully will get that back by the end of next week, and really push on to be strong for 17th June.

Got my race kit for 17th June today, Orca 226 tri top and tri pants. I want a separate top and shorts rather than a suit, for long distances. Very comfortable, looking forward to racing in them. Top has 2 deep pockets for extra gels etc, which will come in handy for on the run leg. Will try it out on 3rd June when I do Poole 10k road race. I will do a swim and bike before and aim to get to the start line on time!!

No comments:

Powered By Blogger