Google analytics

Friday 11 May 2007

Friday lunchtime swim and bike to work

And that's about it folks! Not much more to report today. Nice leisurely bike into work, but awful cold and wet ride home in the evening!
Swim at lunch was good, albeit a bit short.
I need to work at going harder. I did 200m out of 1000m at a very good pace, and put in a lot of effort, so I can do it. I have been swimming now for too long at a comfortable pace and not pushing myself. Certainly on the shorter swims I will have to really make more of an effort to get out of my comfort zone. Actually that goes for the run too. Bike is not too bad, because I can push harder than is comfortable and work through the pain and on those climbs that require real lung-busting efforts. Need to apply the same to swim and run.
This Sunday I have a tri in Stratford. Nearly a 3 hour drive there! Will leave at 4:30am. But this will be a 'balls out' effort on all 3 disciplines as this is the last 'official' race before Half Ironman UK. And it's a short sprint tri. 400m swim , 23km bike and 5km run. I want to run sub 20 minutes for 5km, that's my goal for the weekend. Top 20 finish. And I want to go under 35 minutes on the bike. And 7 minutes for the swim. 1 hour 2 minutes for the lot. It's going some, but I'm gonna give it my best shot.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good luck tomorrow, make sure you prepare properly, too close to the big one for any injuries !. I agree on the swimming. Certainly on the shorter 1k swims at lunch, need to go a little harder. You've got no worries with the distances now. Got to push the first 500m hard, and then hang in. I know you've been working on technique, but also need to pick up the stroke rate now.
Come next week I don't expect to be catching you before 800m !!

Swim Coach..

Powered By Blogger