Google analytics

Saturday 26 May 2007

Still got a cold

Over 2 weeks now and no sign of shifting. I have rested for 2 days, other than cycling to and from work, and even that has been gentle. Last training session was Wednesday, it's now Saturday.
I have decided to take it easy for a few days, as I really need to shake this thing off. Do not want to have it dragging on any longer. I will do a run later today, but only for 30 minutes, and at a very easy pace. I was going to ride the Ironman 70.3 bike course today but decided against it, rest instead. Too much to lose, and I've worked really hard for this, I don't want to get injured by overdoing it. I'm going to have a light training week next week, and do a couple of harder sessions at the weekend before I go into last 2 weeks of tapering down.
I need to get in some open water swims as well, and practice transition more. A few easy brick sessions will help.

No comments:

Powered By Blogger