Google analytics

Tuesday 22 May 2007

Tuesday lunchtime run

What a lovely sunny and warm day. Out for an 8 mile run. 1 hour and 4 minutes. Felt very good, well hydrated and full of running. Much prefer these new Asics running shoes, very happy with them. Weather was lovely, and after 4 miles i had to take my top off as the wind dropped and it was very warm. Ran down by Sandbanks in Poole, the water did look rather inviting the further I went.
Good recovery, legs in good shape, even after heavy sessions today. Rode home from work on bike as well. So in all, I done 3 hours of training today. Feel good but a little tired so an early night for me to recover well, and swim and bike tomorrow. Have only 11 days now of hard training before I start 2 week taper up to June 17th. Getting to the point now where I just want the race to start and am fighting to keep up the training at the moment. But even though I'm mentally a little jaded I'm still getting out there and working hard. I'm sure it will all pay off in the end.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's taken some time to catch up with your training blog for the last three weeks or so but I'm looking forward to following your final weeks and hope that you are able to keep mentally and physically strong for the last push.

I'm sure you will and I bet all your family and friends will be out there rooting for you too!

Steve Birtwistle said...

Welcome back!!!
I'm having to be mentally strong at the moment, and I am dragging myself out for training, but I'm getting some positive sessions in and slowly I'm getting back into the swing of things. I think a lot of racing has interrupted the training, and I've not done as much endurance work as I would have liked, but still racing is all good practice and I've taken loads of positive stuff from racing, and thoroughly enjoyed it in the process!!
Yes, family and friends will be cheering me on, and I'm getting a lot of support at home, which is just what I need with just over 3 weeks to go!!

Powered By Blogger