Google analytics

Monday 28 May 2007

Time Off

BIg decision to make this weekend, but I just have had to have some time off from training. I feel very tired at the moment, and this cold is just about gone, and my body feels like it's aching. I feel physically and mentally drained at the moment, and I have decided to take 5 days off. This is not an easy decision to make, but if I keep going as I was doing and try and train on a tired body then I'm going to get injured and at this stage of the game it's not worth it. I will cycle to work and that's it for 3 days. After that I will get back in the pool and go out running again, but not piling on the miles. I will keep to short sessions in the pool and for the run, and only get in a couple of longer bikes rides between now and the 17th June. I will be better off getting in some open water swims, practicing transition and doing shorter brick sessions. My base endurance is already sorted and I have the fitness to go for 5 hours. It's now about getting my body in tip top condition, staying fresh and mentally ready for the event. Rest will do me more good than hard training at this point in time. And bearing in mind I have plenty more races left this season. My goal is to finish Half Ironman UK, second goal is 5 and a half hours, 3rd goal is top 100. If I get just the first one, I will be delighted! Any more is a bonus!

No comments:

Powered By Blogger